The Golf Management Campus offers the following Golf Management Courses:-
• National Diploma in Club Professional Golfing (the PGA Diploma)
This is the only Internationally recognized Golf Diploma in South Africa and South Africa is one of only 10 countriues in which this diploma is offered. This course is Cathseta approved through ETA & endorsed by the PGA.
- Coaching Children
- Equipment Technology 1
- Golf World
- Sport science 1
- Introduction to Retailing
- Golf Coaching 1
- Business Finance
- Business Law I
- Equipment Technology 2
- Coaching 2
- Short Game
- Tournament Organisation
- Business Law II
- Custom Fitting
- Coaching 3
- Managing a Golf Business
- Personal Career Development
- Sport Science 3
Students studying the PGA Diploma will also take the following two golf management courses:
• CMASA Introduction to Club Management
(a 3-Year golf management Course presented by the Club Management Association of South Africa).
Certification through the CMASA.
This course covers all area’s of Club Management including the History and Organization of Clubs; Human Resources; Training; Financial Management; Leadership; Food & Beverage; Service Operations; Facilities & Risk Management; Recreation and Sports Management.
• Greenkeeping 101
(Provided by the PGA and presented by guest greenkeeper lecturers).
Certification through the PGA of SA.
This golf management course covers Mowing basics; Greens Maintenance; Fairways, Tees & Rough Maintenance; Cultural Practices; Irrigation; Bunker Maintenance and Course Set-up.
An option for students wanting to work on their playing ability only is the:
• Game Improvement Programme
This programme is offered to those students that have aspirations to play on the Tour, or who simply wish to work on and improve their game, full-time. This programme includes Flightscope Swing Analysis, unlimited 1-on-1 lessons, weekly group sessions, sport psychology and fitness training sessions, membership at Zwartkop Country Club & the Zwartkop Gym, unlimited rounds of golf at Zwartkop (excluding any competition fees), unlimited range balls and Tournament Entry Fees into a limited number of local amateur tournaments (Pretoria & Johannesburg SAGA tournaments.)
The Golf Management Campus proudly embraces the technology available to support all the golf management courses we offer.
• All students are issued with a tablet at the start of the year to facilitate paperless course material; access to the internet for research during classes and easy access to all their practical golf and fitness statistics gathered on a weekly basis.
• Golf Swing Analysis via Flightscope
• Golf Statistics Analysis
• Facebook; Twitter and Instagram updates as well as a You.Tube Channel.
Entry Requirements for Year 1
- You need to have a Grade 12 Certificate
- You need to have an official SAGA handicap – at least an 18 for men & a 24 for ladies
- You must have a passion for the game of golf – not just out on the golf course but for the industry as a whole
- You must be enthusiastic and be willing to learn. You will need to be dedicated to your studies; to your golf practise and to building up your required practical hours, and you must be prepared to get working experience in all areas of the golf club.
The PGA Diploma Course fee includes:
- National Diploma in Club Professional Golfing (after successfully completing all the subjects and criteria related to the qualification)
- CMASA Introduction to Club Management Qualification (after successfully completing all the subjects and criteria related to the qualification)
- Greenkeeping 101 (PGA certification after successfully completing all the subjects)
- 1 Coaching session per week with a one of our resident PGA professionals
- Unlimited range balls at our Zwartkop CC Driving Range for the year
- Unlimited rounds of golf for the year (*excluding competition fees)
- Unlimited use of our Gym for the year
- Private psychology sessions (5 one hour sessions with industry leader Theo Bezuidenhout Consulting)
- Course management sessions
- Golf clothing kit (includes shirts, caps, winter top, balls, and golf bag)
- Use of our Flight Scope
- 4 External tournaments in and around Pretoria (Including Zwartkop CC Club Championships)
- Plenty of internal competitions (formats include stroke play, match play, foursomes, etc.)
- Use of our website to access scores and key stats
- Tablet loaded with all the study material (Textbooks)
- Free Wi-Fi access
- First Aid course (one course during three years of study)
- 5 Away games for the year (playing other courses in and around Pretoria)
- Guest lecturers (including the likes of Peter Matkovich, Paul Leishman & Mike Wallington)
- Lecturing from one of the top 25 PGA Coaches in South Africa, Elsabe Hefer
- Mentoring from Master Professionals: Dennis Bruyns and Dale Hayes
- Reports from our staff to the parents after each Cycle
- Support on the academic side
- Use of our exclusive Golf Library
- Exclusive discounted rates in our Pro Shop, Half-Way House & Baldo Vino’s Bistro & Lounge Restaurant as well as at our Salon (haircuts and massages)
- Practical work experience to build up your CV
Please note that all applicants will be required to attend a “parent-student-teacher consultation” prior to acceptance into the Golf Management Campus. If you are out of town, this can be done via Skype.
We are able to offer a limited number of our students secure, furnished accommodation in student residences situated within the Zwartkop Golf Estate i.e. on the campus property. Tenants must sign a 10-month lease agreement.